“These three remain…” is an initiative of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland to draw congregations and their members together in God
to express his life and witness in this moment. Content is also available on the PCI website and social media channels to resource the church for its continuing ministry and mission.
Sunday 11 October
- Moderator | Please pray for the Moderator as he concludes his presbytery tour of Down with a service at Trinity Boardmills. Please also continue to remember him as he prepares his weekly online service and as he represents PCI at various external meetings during the week.
- Praise in worship | Ask God to help us overcome the unnatural restriction of face coverings as we join together to worship him in song.
Monday 12 October
- India: Covid-19 | PCI has a number of partnerships in India, where there are currently over 6 million cases of Covid-19. Pray for all those affected by the virus as well as by the economic circumstances brought by
- India: Anti-conversion Bill | A bill to make it illegal to convert to Christianity is being tabled in the Indian parliament. Pray that this would not go through and that PCI’s partners would have the freedom to share the gospel throughout India.
Tuesday 13 October
- Church plants in Ireland | Pray for PCI church plants around Ireland in these uncertain times as they seek to minister to members and reach those who have no current church association.
Church planting conference | The Council for Mission in Ireland had planned a Church Planting Conference for May of this year, which had to be postponed. Pray for the Church Planting Panel as they look forward at the best way to run this valuable event
Wednesday 14 October
- Romania | Give thanks for the work of Csaba and Ilona Veres in Mera, particularly the literacy work, afterschool programmes and Wednesday Bible Study.
- Romania | Pray that God would open doors for the gospel to be shared through literacy classes and that God’s Word would transform the members of the Wednesday Bible Study.
Thursday 15 October
- Deaconesses in congregations | Eleanor Drysdale is a deaconess in Wellington Presbyterian, Ballymena.
She asks us to give thanks for people who have re-engaged with the church and those who have come to
faith over the past few months.
- Deaconesses: pastoral care | Pastoral care is a difficult area of work at the moment. Pray for Eleanor and others involved in pastoral care, that they would be able to support & encourage people, despite restrictions.
Friday 16 October
- Social Witness | Give thanks for all Health and Social Care professionals as they continue to work under considerable pressure through the Covid-19 crisis. Give thanks for the individuals and groups who have been so generous in their support, generosity and encouragement to our homes and units.
- Health Service | Pray for those making key decisions in the health service over the coming weeks, and pray
that those who most need access to services will be able to get the help and medical interventions they require.
Saturday 17 October
- Linkage Commission | Pray for wisdom and guidance from the Holy Spirit for Chairman Michael Barry, Convener James Livingstone and Secretary Ker Graham as the Standing Commission meets next Tuesday.
- Union Theological College | Pray for students and teaching staff as they adjust to a combination of face-to-face and online delivery, that both teaching and learning will be effective and beneficial.